Skyangel 50mm mini EDFs

BikerDon

Can anyone help me in tracking down some these please?

Reading the September RCM&E my appetite was well and truly whetted by the article "Small but mighty". All the talk of the Skyangel 50mm EDF range sounded so tempting that I was all ready to put mouse to order form to get one whizzing it's its way to me ASAP. So I started to hunt down some of the kit Nigel Hawes mentions in the article to no avail so far..

Skyangel 50mm EDF jets - the only recognisd UK supplier was Amazon and all the models are 'Currently unavailable'. BRC Hobbies only have the 35mm models. He mentions to check out rc-castle.com - no Skyangel models under their 50mm range, they do have the XRP fans though. HobbyKing has a few 50mm EDF jets but none look like Skyangel.

This so frustrating!!

Advert

I have had several of the Skyangel/Hobbyking 50mm jets and all have been great little models.

I have had the F16, F18 and F35 (in that order) and have friends that fly the T45.

The F16 was a rocket on 3s. I did have a fan issue and upgraded to a CS 11blade fan with the stock motor and it was even better. I did the same to the F18 and F35.

Due to their small size, some can fit a 4s within the fuselage with very little modification and some cannot.

Try e-bay for them and as you know Hobbyking also has some. I also got one from local hobby store.

My F18 is still flying and is one of my favourites. I can post some vids later.

Rosco

Posted by Rosco on 18/09/2015 21:52:46:
I have had several of the Skyangel/Hobbyking 50mm jets and all have been great little models.

I have had the F16, F18 and F35 (in that order) and have friends that fly the T45.

The F16 was a rocket on 3s. I did have a fan issue and upgraded to a CS 11blade fan with the stock motor and it was even better. I did the same to the F18 and F35.

Due to their small size, some can fit a 4s within the fuselage with very little modification and some cannot.

Try e-bay for them and as you know Hobbyking also has some. I also got one from local hobby store.

My F18 is still flying and is one of my favourites. I can post some vids later.

Rosco

Yes to the videos please Rosco... yes

Yeah, I did read the article but had forgotten that Nigel upgraded the power train. My brother did that to his and it was faster but he still didn't like it much. I may see if he will give me the fan and I can try mine again. I might have more luck then.

Let us know if you do get one, Rosco's do seem to fly well. The cofg is super critical on these of course. Have fun!

Edited By Jack Banner on 19/09/2015 08:33:12

I've had the 50mm Hawk, F-16, Mig 15 and Robbe Nano Vektor (Little Screamer) and all flew using both the 3s and 4s CS fan units. By far the best in terms of speed and handling was the Nano Vektor (on 4s) followed closely by the F-16 (on 3s). The Hawk was just 'ok' on 3s but the Mig 15 was an utter dog on both units. Also, careful balancing of the CS fan is critical to achieving a nice whoosh sound and again the Nano Vektor was the quietest of the bunch.

The Nano Vektor is available HERE.

Just my 2d worth.