dx6 paraglider setup

Richard perry 1

hello there iv just purchased a spectrum dx6. myself have owned rc cars and boats all my life. the last 5 year iv decided to go into planes & paraglider I can find the program info to setup my dx6. but the info is shown on the old dx6i and I just cant find any setups out there to program my dx6. the setup is different. I would be very greatfull if there is anybody got the model download on cd card.or anybody can help me. thanks richard

I don't know about the dx6/dx6i, but having flown full-size paragliders, I would think you'd want a flying-wing setup

it's probably worth noting that paraglider controls are reversed versus fixed wing because of the pendulum effect of the pilot - ie starboard trailing edge pulled down, wing rolls & yaws to starboard; both trailing edges pulled down, wing slows & pitches up

• 3 weeks later...
  • 8 years later...
On 19/10/2015 at 22:16, Piet Versleijen said:

Hello Richard.

I hope you can read some German:

You can download a manual for paraglidersettings in the DX6 here:

**LINK**

Best regards,

Piet

Hi. I know this was long ago but do you have above manual as it appears the link does not work. Thanks Gary

No ideas on the link I’m afraid (looks like that whole forum has gone), but setup on a paraglider is pretty simple - it’s essentially a flying wing setup, but with an offset of 100% via subtrim so with the arms fully raised (straight ahead) the servos are at the very end of their travel. After that set 100% aileron differential so that if (say) full right is inputted, the RH arm travels down as far as reqd (back to the servo centre point is generally plenty for full “aileron”), and the LH arm does not move.

Full “up” (really flare/brake on a paraglider) brings both arms down together to the desired position, but don’t go all the way as you still need some travel left to steer! Also remember down stock won’t do anything to the arms - the only way to go down is cut power, or turn tightly.