Rc car for 4 year old

brfc7

My oldest son is 4 in January and Im thinking of getting him his first rc car so I thought I would ask here to see if anyone would recommend a decent one.

I had tried some a couple of years ago but they were terrible to steer correctly and the signal was poor but now with most things been 2.4g i'm guessing this will be much better. Looking at under £50 to start with so he can get used to it as I already own an ic car that he can progress on to.

Thanks in advance Barry

Advert

After years of the big local store offering which are very slow and generally rubbish i got my son one from banggood.

It has a brushed motor but does use a lipo battery, is 2.4ghz with steering wheel transmitter.

I got a set of 3 extra batteries to and charge them with an imax as it is quicker than the provided one.

The car has a real servo for steering, 4 wheel drive with front and rear differential units and will go very, very fast!!

Amazing for 38 pounds including postage and about 15 pounds for the extra batteries ...less any discount you may find (usually you can get at least 5% off most things)... just received our second one so that we can race each other. Should have bought 3 as everything on their site gets cheaper if you buy 3!

It will take between 1 and 4 weeks to arrive but BG have never let me down and have great customer service too.

Hope this helps ... here you go:

http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-A979-118-2_4Gh-4WD-Monster-Truck-p-916960.html

Batteries i got were 17 pounds:

http://www.banggood.com/Wltoys-Balance-Charging-Set-74V-Charger-3Battery-Charging-Cable-p-924324.html

Edited By Mark Stringer on 24/10/2015 15:34:15

Both my grandsons at the age of four were only interested in either dipping their RC Cars into the birdbath or smashing it into anything, no matter what it was.

At 4 the concentration span and understanding that the idea is NOT to hit things, including sisters and Nana's, is hard to get across. After all it IS much, much more fun making people go "aaargh!" than making said RC car do nice turns around the place.

4 might be a bit too young if you're looking for something half decent that lasts. Something robust from Toys R Us might be in order.

Your mileage may vary but two Grandchildren at four did exactly the same kind of things. Might be in their genes though!

Hot wheels "street hawk" would be my recommendation. Bought one for my grandson for the Nationals this year.

He is 3 and was easily able to control it on the ground and it survived unbroken after three days of punishment.

The streethawk also has the added benefit that on a flick of a switch it can become airborne.

Had to get it from the US but worth every penny.

He absolutely loved it.

So did his dad(and grandad)

Robin

did the same for my son he was five when I bought a traxxas slash but id you go down that root get the smaller 1/16 size.

also look out for the tx it may be made for adult size hands

the problem I found is john says he will drive it into anything and break it. so toy grade rc cars are hard to get spares for and hobby grade rc cars start getting expensive fast.

I would say by a good toy grade car that is not too fast and see how he goes

**LINK** I asked the same question a while ago. avoid the himoto I first bough it was an expensive disappointment I think I bought a new spare after every run

we now have a 1/10 slash 4x4 and it is very good and robust it is a little big for small children but the radio does alow you to limit the top speed