2.4 g, DX7

Derek

Here is a question for all who fly using the DX7, i have seen many pilots,including top line show pilots using the DX7 with the T/X aerial not in the upright position, this was also shown on a video by Tamjets of a pilot fling a high power very fast EDF jet with no apperent problems.

Is this the correct way or is there something to be gained by not having the aerial straight?

Another question, is the green light supposed to be on at the bind button, only going off when pressed for binding?

Last night i was flying my EDF Sabre, going away from myself, not too far and the motor cut, no control over the model at all for a couple of seconds, then all back in control, this happened twice, unfortunately i did not check wether the light was flashing on the R/x, if it was does this signify a signal loss?

Worrying to say the least as i thought that 2.4 was near bulletproof?

Any comments appreciated.

Glad i went out last night as the weather has taken a turn for the worst here in Lincoln.

Fly safe and happy landings.

Derek

Advert

Regarding aerial position. The signal radiates from the aerial in the shape of a  ring doughnut. This means that there is a hole in the middle of the signal pattern. If you point the aerial directly at the model the signal reaching the model will be very weak. Hence pointing the aerial directly up means the hole is above your head where you rarely, if eve,r fly.

To add to the correct advice so far, I always angle my DX 7 aerial up slightly using the hinged pivot point provided for exactly that purpose. As regarding the other matter of the binding button, yes it should be steady green in normal use. Checking for a flashing light on your receiver following any sort of a problem will not indicate a signal loss - even assuming that your receiver has the 'quick connect' feature then a flashing light only indicates that your receiver has suffered one or more 'brown outs'. NO RC RADIO SYSTEM IS COMPLETELY BULLET PROOF.

Here is my preferred aerial orientation and having had my DX 7 for almost 2 years and flown over a dozen different models many hundreds of times at many different locations, I have never suffered a single glitch. As the yanks would say, go figure!

http://i36.photobucket.com/albums/e10/eunos800/4ccec8ae.jpg