Laptop for profly sim & Turbo CAD

Silver Wolf

Advert

Sw I cannot tell you what to go for but I can share my experience. I run Turbocad ; I bought it last year to replace my old and unsupported Autocad lt. I wanted to learn 3D cad.

I have a 15 inch Acer Laptop (aspire e1 4gb ddr3 memory and pentimento 2117u 1.8ghz and 2mb cache.

I do not run a flight sim on it.

Performance has been less than sparkling; Turbocad takes an age to load and does not always seem to perform as expected; it's okay but only just okay. My version uses a lot of space on the screen for icons so with 15.6" you are forever having to scroll around the screen. I got a bit frustrated with the experience and have been thinking about something with a bigger screen and better memory/ graphics.

So, my suggestion is go for the biggest screen you can get, make sure it's got a good graphics card and plenty of memory/processing capability.

I am sure that there will be others who can give you a far more technical reply but my experience would be to avoid the lower cost machines which are not really designed for graphics.

Good luck! I might also benefit from your enquiries!

Well turbo cad needs a better spec pc than your flight sim so spec for turbo cad and it will be good enough for the flight sim.

Ram at min 4gb but 8Gb or more is better

64bit operating system as its spected for that

intel i5 or i7 cpu ,

nothing wrong with a standart hdd but a SSd will be faster and large back ups can be on a portable HDD.

A large screen but if you have HDMI you can get a nice 24 0r 26 inch monitor in which case you can dual screen.

Also in the latest versions there is Redsdk which speeds things up a lot so you need to double check the gpu (graphics card)supports it.  a list here

all in all go for the best thats in your bugget

Edited By flight1 on 28/11/2015 11:14:52