Advert

According to the plan description it is "true scale"  and it says that the designer competed with it in F4C scale comps so i'm assuming that it's pretty accurate.

As for the window behind the canopy, i have a good selection of pics showing the original with it there, plus my model is of a privately owned aircraft modeled on the condition it was in in 2003, not the original RAF versions.

• 2 months later...
  • 5 months later...
What a shame
I fancied the bulldog as my next building project from plans as the Vmar review said it was a good first low wing trainer.  now i am not so sure as i only have high wing trainer experience (boomerang)
any ideas for a low wing trainer that actually looks scale like?

In terms of handling the Bulldog is very good to fly, as long as you build the wings with washout you should be fine.  I would suggest trying to find a plan that is a bit smaller than the one above, as its a bit more complex build due to its size.  Mine turned out a bit on the heavy side, but thats because I finished the whole thing in glass cloth and sprayed it, nothing that a 120 four stroke cant handle though. 

As long as it has washout on the wings i think you should be fine with the Bulldog, and try to build it light as the wing area is a bit lower than on a trainer if you build it exact scale.

• 5 years later...

Hi there! I am William from Malta. I am thinking of building this aeroplane in fact I went through the traplet website and found the above mentioned model from the designer John carpenter. Any one up from some help about the canopy or from where to source one because I am a bit confused about how to do it.

Thanks for your help,

Kind regards,

William