mini zilch

Hi Guys,i have got this kit it is a Berkeleys mini zilch and from what i can gather this kit was made in the 1950's and is a die cut kit rather than the lazer kit version that is available at the moment.My question is,does this kit have any value as a collectable would hate to start building it only to find out it is worth some thing.

Regards

Waynemini zilch.jpg

Hi Wayne, Old kit prices depend entirely on what someone is prepared to pay at the time, and the rarity and conition of your example.

A quick look on ebay.com suggests an unbuilt original Mini-Zilch would get about $26.50 in the USA, based upon a sample size of one. smiley

**LINK**

If you have a reasonably stocked scrap balsa box, then you could photocopy the plan, draw around the bits and build it from your own material. That way if someone comes along in the future, prepared to offer silly money for a pristine original kit, then you have a customer plus you still have the model and a set of plans & templates.