Thames Valley Model Air Show

For all those (and more) who might otherwise be missing out on theit trip to Sandown this year!

A spectacular exhibition of radio controlled model flying by the very best model pilots in the country,
including; Ali Machinchy, Dave Stephens, Dave Wilshere, Paul Heckles, Steve Holland and many other top rated British pilots.

Key features of the event are:

* Model flying - a variety of disciplines, and lots of it!
* Exhibition schedule – organized by Ali Machinchi (Als Hobbies).
* Demonstration schedule – for traders and selected club flyers.
* Jet Rookie slots – courtesy of Dave Wilshere (Motors & Rotors).
* Professional commentary - by Colin Hammond (Aviator - PA)
* Outdoor trade stands - and private bring & buy (car-boot style!)
* Basic comforts - outdoor food stands & toilets.
* Easy access off A30 - just a few short miles from M3 J4/4a.
* Huge car-park!
* Enormous runway, in pristine condition.

See the event website at http://www.thamesvalleymodelairshow.org.uk/

Kind regards
Event Organizer
TVSA

Advert

Hi. Allan, Thanks for the info. just looked
at the web-site ! looks good, must see this one. PS. are the Fido towers still there?
I remember climbing them in my last couple
of months in the RAF to measure the depth
of fuel and calculate the amount of fuel in the tanks.Regards Allan J..TTFN

• 3 weeks later...
  • 5 weeks later...
Congratulations to Allan and the organisaers of the show. The venue and the flying were both excellent. For a first show it was really good. I would be interested to know the final count of attendees but it certainly looked really busy there yesterday inspite of the winds.

I guess too that I marvelled at how the organisers had persuaded Blackbushe to curtail all but the helicopter use of the airport which gave us such an excellent venue with plumbed in loos and excellent access and parking. Catering wasn't bad just needed a bit more to get rid of the queues. What about a tea tent - something done by the ladies of the club like they do at Hastings which is always excellent.

Please do feel encouraged by yesterday's success and all who flew and orgamised it should have been enthused by the turnout.

Well done too to the trade suppliers who did turn out and support the show. Their understandable hesitance with a new show was evident in the amount of stuff they took. But at least they were there. I would have liked to have seen many more trade stands and bigger and I'm sure there will be next year.

The flying and the models were spectacular - I got some excellent photos and was in open mouthed awe at what I saw. I really enjoyed the demonstration of glider towing and flying - really nice to see that. The quality of the models - large and small being flown were fabulous and along with the rest of the spectators I drooled at the finish of the planes being shown and flown. It does bode well for those of us in the South East who were bemoaning the loss of Sandown - This in May, Wings and Wheels in June, Hastings July - and the Hop Farm in September. Excellent - lots to look forward to.

Mind you I would have loved to have had a buddy on some of those jets, yesterday!

Now where is Paul Heckles number.......

See you there next year.

heres my pics, their not great because of the sun angles and i didn't realise my rapid shot was such low quality, only james's pitts came out well flying wise looking very much like a greenbottle fly.
4 very tired reds dreamt up the nickname Brundel fly :D

http://s109.photobucket.com/albums/n54/cornishcactus/Thames%20Vally%202007/

Congratulations and thanks to the organisers of this first Thames Valley Model Air Show. We had a great day there albeit a tiring one (I was up at 4:00am to get there for 6:00am setting up). I hardly saw any flying as we were so busy, but what I did see was fantastic.

Any chance of getting the traders on the grass next time so we can tie down and maybe make it a 2-day event?

Cheers

Pete (Plane Nutz)

hi allan, just a short note to praise you and the team for an excellant day.the flying displays were superb, just a shame about the wind.the trade turnout was a little dissapointing but i suppose to be expected on the first show, likewise the food vans(long que).however i am sure that once word gets out around the circuit, next years show will only be better,(hopefully there will be a show next year?) looking forward to the next one
regards
martin

Hi folks, thank you all so much for your kind words and good wishes. We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed the show and certainly hope that this will be the first of many!

No chance of having the trade stands on the air-field I'm affraid, the ground can be very soft at times and is too easily damaged.

Kind regards
Allan
TVSA

PS Sorry for the delay, I've been away all week on business.

• 7 months later...

Hi folks..

I am pleased to report that the 2nd Thames Valley Model Air Show is allive and well and scheduled for Saturday 17 May at Blackbushe. 

As per last year, the main emphasis is on the all day Flying Display and once again we have rounded up some of the best models and pilots in the country for you to enjoy. We also have agreement to host the Trade Stands on the airfield this year.

Full details on the show website at www.thamesvalleymodelairshow.org.uk

I look forward to seeing you there!

Kind regards

Allan
TVSA

Thanks Peter

You will find a list of exhibitors on the Exhibitors Page. About the same number as last year, but a slightly different mix. It will be nice to have them all on the airfield and close to the action!

I have also made arrangements for more outdoor catering this year, so the queues out not to be quite so long!

Regards

Allan
TVSA

All great news. I was lucky with catering last year because I had breakfast and lunch slightly early so missed the queues.

Looking forward very much to the show I'm sure you'll get an even better turn out than last year and that was very good - and you had such a great line up of models and pilots too.

Thanks very much

Peter

• 2 months later...

The 2008 Thames Valley Model Air Show is now almost exactly a month away!

As before, we aim to provide a continuous flying display – the schedule for which is available now on the show website. Note in particular the presence of the C17 Globemaster – said to be the world’s largest model aircraft!

The trade area has more than doubled since last year and will be located on the air-field this time, and we will provide more and better catering facilities.

We look forward to welcomming you to Blackbushe!

Allan
TVSA
<a title="http://www.thamesvalleymodelairshow.org.uk" target="_blank">http://www.thamesvalleymodelairshow.org.uk</a>