Replacement for old brushed motor.

David Hall 9

I'm returning to the hobby and have so many questions: Thanks for your help already.

As a first re-introduction to fixed wing flying (loving the quadcopters at the moment), I bought a cheap and rough ARTF kit. The Wind Spirit.

Wind Spirit

It had a very dubious rudder/elevator 27Mhz receiver/servo board ( now in the bin ) and a brushed motor described as 540CC. It has a spare set of wings. Span around 60in, all up weight around 600g (I guess).

Although I wouldn't have chosen a non-aileron model for my re-introduction, I thought that I might have a go at popping a couple of servos in there and replacing the motor with something lighter.

The brushed motor coming out weighs around 190g and it's casing is 36mm dia x 50mm long with a 3.2mm shaft. (a 540 motor?). The max prop clearance will allow an 8in prop to be used.

I might try a 2210 2200kv motor which may give an output of around 90w (If I'm understanding this correctly) on a 8x4 prop. Does this sound reasonable? (I'm only expecting this to float around in calm conditions).

Dave

Edited By David Hall 9 on 15/01/2016 11:17:33

Advert