Model Shops

Dean  Hunter

Advert

Posted by Percy Verance on 24/08/2016 07:10:25:

I use Model & Hobby World in Lancaster among others, and it's a fairly well stocked shop with a good turnover of stock. There appears to be quite a strong customer base, with a number of local clubs using the shop. In fact it's known that some folk travel 50+ miles to this shop.

Another area where this shop wins is turnover of secondhand stuff. I recently took a number of engines and models I'd decided to sell on to the shop. Almost all the engines were gone within 10 days, with one of the models being sold the same day I brought it into the shop. This is one thing the internet and Hobbyking isn't quite so good at...........

Edited By Percy Verance on 24/08/2016 07:11:47

I would say that the second hand market is even more alive online than in LMS's. My LMS, (Als Hobbies in Wolverton, Milton Keynes), has several second hand aircraft in the ceiling, with price tags, and are taken down occasionally to dust! I doubt whether the footfall per week inside the shop could ever be compared to the footfall on the website.

Conversley, their occasional second hand online sales, when they build up second hand stock that won't shift, guarantees a quick shift of stock and you've really got to be quick to get in there. It's virtually an online scrum!

EBay is also guaranteed a sale for most items you list, as long as you're realistically pricing your stuff.