BAE Hawk EDF CML distribution

Re: the test in a recent magazine (not RCM&E) by Andy Offer. I bought one of these earlier this year. It came fully fitted except receiver which I reckon is good for the price. To improve the model I set into the underside of the tail surfaces small diameter carbon fibre rods which stiffen well. Also cut and fitted self adhesive film into the fuz aft of the fan to cover the hole in the top side to improve airflow. My kit came with a 15C 2200 MaH LiPO - not 1800. I had the same problem with the rear push rods binding and had to open up the channels. I experienced no problem with the servos moving. Neither did the model tend to climb. Aileron control is satisfactory provided the clevises are set low in the horns. It was unfair to test it in a stiff wind as it's not designed for that. The flight time is rather short, say 5 mins.  Overall I feel it is not bad for the money but certainly the kit could easily be improved with a few tweaks.

• 1 month later...
Advert

I got one with the 1800 lipo! I did some mods to to improve the ducting! I took the wheels off and hand launched it, however I was using a 2200 20c lipo on the stock setup and I had a 5 min flight before the motor burnt out!! lucky it was near the runway! It looks good in the air, I have removed the stock motor,edf, esc and the nose wheel servo. I have ordered the same size fan with a bigger motor and esc... I wanted to hot this thing up abit so I am looking forward to getting the new stuff this week and will fly it again! Oh I took the stock rx out too as it doesnt look to trusty. I think they have improved the model since I got mine!