Spekky 6100E rx unbinding

winchweight

Now why would it do that? It was bound successfully, plug removed, and run up etc. Then after a while the model was closed down and the lipo disconnected. When reconnected the amber light kept flashing. The model responded to the tx normally, but the amber light keeps on winking. So rebound, all is well. But battery disconnected, reconnected, etc, etc... unbound again.

Why might this happen?

Advert

If you have full control, and the LED is flashing away merrily, then this is not "unbinding" that is occurring.  Instead, this is the ratehr nifty little feature whereby the spektrum receivers are indicating that the receiver has had to shut down due to low voltage event (i.e. the supply voltage to the receiver was lowered below that required to work correctly, and it shut down).

In your case, that low voltage event was caused by you disconnecting the power source, and is normal.  I can't quite remember the procedure for resetting the low voltage warning on the receiver now, but it will bein the manuals on the Spektrum website somewhere.  I think it involves turning off the TX, or something similar.....

Oh, if you look carefully, you should notice that the flash rate differs when this happens, compared to when it is flashing when the bind plug is inserted...

Cheers

Andy 

Yeah, I know what you mean.  That is perhaps the only area of the Spektrum product range that I feel is a bit of a let down.  The manuals tend to be devoid of a lot of pertinent information.  Still, they aren't the only company to be lack that, and they certainly wont be the last!

I forgot to add to my first post too, you will know if the receiver has become "unbound" from the transmitter, because you will NOT be able to get any output from the receiver (I.e. servos will refuse to move, regardless of what you do on the sticks).

Oh, and here is the Spektrum official notice of this feature.  It is dubbed "Quickconnect" :http://www.spektrumrc.com/Articles/Article.aspx?ArticleID=1756

No mention of how to reset it though

Cheers

Andy 

To operate normally, ie without the led flashing, always switch on the transmitter first, then the receiver.

If the receiver is switched off, the transmitter left on, then the receiver switched on again, it will "quick connect" and the led wll flash slowly.

To reset, simply switch receiver off, transmitter off and start again.

Don

No problem. I've only just got my Spektrum and actually flew with it for the first time this evening (Honey Bee King 2 heli with AR6100E) but through this forum, I've learned such a lot about it and its characteristics, so full credit to all contributors.

Don

Andy is correct - its the quick connect feature. Shaun...To "re-set" all I do is simply switch off the tr and the receiver, and then re-boot in the correct sequence.You may well find its best to leave the tr on for a few seconds BEFORE switching on / connecting the receiver to power - this ensures the tr has found and locked onto its free channels, before asking the receiver to "mate".