Hobbyking 30A Ubec ESC

LHR Dave

I have a new Hobbyking 30A UBEC ESC. I have programmed it using the correct programming card.

The problem is that when i start the motor it is only working from half to full throttle on my futaba transmitter. I have changed end points and trim settings to no avail.I have even swapped esc for a different esc to test the tx settings and it worked ok for the full throttle range.

Is the ESC a duff one ? Any ideas please.?

Dave

Advert

Dave, have you programmed the throttle range? I don't know your particular ESC but nearly all are set up by:

1) Switch on the transmitter and set to full throttle.

2) Connect the battery to the ESC (after taking of the prop or restraining the model, just in case!)

3) Once the ESC beeps close the throttle to minimum.

The ESC should now go into it's normal startup with beeps to indicate the cell count or whatever that particular type does.

I do have one E-flite ESC that wouldn't accept the throttle range on my Taranis, I think it's configured for Spektrum in firmware. I had to reduce my throttle range on the transmitter for that one.

Thanks Bob for the quick reply this morning.

Tried what you said and everything now works ok.

Pretty sure i tried it all yesterday as I am not new to electric flight and have had several electric models over the last ten years or so.

Although it seems ok at the moment i shall check its still ok several more time before i commit the model to flight, this ESC just seemed so temperamental to get going and i have never had any trouble with ESC'S in the past.

Anyway lets hope it was just finger trouble on my part and not an actual duff ESC.

Fingers crossed.

Dave