Spektum 2.4ghz start up

Yorkman

Advert

Hi Yorkmwn,

I have DX6i, Firstly i take it you have gone through the binding process with the gear installed in the model not just on the bench?? and have you centered the retract servo before you attatched any control horns?

Have you checked the retracts are working normally when on?

The switch on tx what posistion is it in when you switch on?

Which Channel do you have the retracts Plugged into?

My main thought is at the min, is if the servo is not quite centered properlly when you turn on, the servos will automatically "hunt" for the preset centre if it is not already there. Also for instance my servo's are centered and fail safe position is correc but when i turn on they move a few degrees and then recenter themselves automatically. Now i dont know how your retracts work if they are electric for example what could be happening is when you switch on  the servo is doing this movement, and your retracts work on a trigger switch system by that i mean its recieves an input (the movement) then either deploy's or recalls the UC theres no in between if follow me its either on or off maybe thats whats making them do this. Test your system try just switching the rx off then on again leave the tx off do they move?

Hi Alex

the retracts work fine, on the retract switch, on 'gear' channel

i know what you mean about the servos 'hunting' on initial switch on-all the control surfaces wiggle briefly-but this is a complete cycle.

I'm thinking what's happened is that on the initial 'bind' (done with just the rx and a slave esc on the bench) i had the u/c selected 'down' and the rx now sees that as the 'failsafe' position-so when switching on, before the rx picks up the tx signal (which seems to take a couple of seconds) it is selecting 'failsafe down', then picking up the signal and retracting the gear again...

can't prove this right now as had to come to work (motorway drive very good for pondering these things!) but will try a 'rebind' tomorrow and post the outcome.

cheers

Martin

Martin,

Know what you mean about those rides great for thinking arn't they

I think that you might well of hit the nail on the head there i bet rebinding will sort your problem out, reason i thought of that was i had simillar problem with the throttle on mine as a beginner it took me ages to work it out!

Any way please do post let me knoew how you get on. by the way what model is it?

Regards Alex

The delay from the receiver on switch on is actually not the receiver - its more likely that the tr was not given enough time to sellect its two chosen channels. I always switch on the tr and then WAIT at least 10 seconds before switching on the receiver - try that method after you have re-bound.

Incidentally failsafe on the spekky dx6i and 7 sets only actually operates on the throttle channel - ALL other channnels will simply hold their last known good position....actually positioning any of these channels during binding is a complete waste of time.

'by the way what model is it?'

scratchbuilt avro york-as per the pic!-6' span, 4x speed 400s

I always switch on the tr and then WAIT at least 10 seconds before switching on the receiver - try that method after you have re-bound

me too-though not necessarily 10 seconds...

'Incidentally failsafe on the spekky dx6i and 7 sets only actually operates on the throttle channel - ALL other channnels will simply hold their last known good position....actually positioning any of these channels during binding is a complete waste of time.'

kind of shoots my theory down....

let you know later how i get on

'Incidentally failsafe on the spekky dx6i and 7 sets only actually operates on the throttle channel - ALL other channnels will simply hold their last known good position....actually positioning any of these channels during binding is a complete waste of time.'

well, selecting 'gear up' and rebinding has fixed it....