How do I know which voice file to use?

Allan Bennett

The default countdown timer in my Taranis says "eight point zero", "seven point zero" etc., then simply "one" when it gets to one minute, followed by "thirty seconds" and so on.

I noted that another flyer's Taranis was saying "eight minutes" etc. He told me to download the latest voice file. TX Companion says my software is up to date (2.1.9). When I go to File > Downloads I get the options to Download FW or to Download Voice, but then I get a list of five .zip files and one .csv file, most of which are dated 14-Apri-2016.

The files in the english-american-taranis.zip collection available for download were all modified on 11-Nov-15 9:54 PM despite the later date on their .zip file. I've copied them into my TX Companion SOUNDS folder, but the time still says "eight point zero" etc. How do I get it to say "eight minutes" please?

Advert

Thank you WolstonFlyer. I have a Plus, and the files in your first link are the ones I used. On closer inspection though, I see that the SYSTEM folder had placed itself inside the existing SYSTEM folder, instead of replacing it and its contents. Correcting that has got me the correct phrases.

I'm using the Amy voice from TTSAutomate for custom phrases for all of my switch positions.