MCPX - Setup for DX6

Robert Armstrong 2

Advert

Hi Robert, You may have a problem there as the original non brushless versions of the MCP-x were for use with a DSM2 transmitter (old DX6i etc) and I believe the new DX6 is DSMX only, so they may not talk to each other. I have not used one of the new DX6 transmitters but it should have the same menu's as DX9. Try setting your new DX6 to helicopter mode then have a look through the menu's for swash settings and you should find the 1 servo 90 degree option. Set the throttle trim set to minimum then try binding to see if they will communicate.

Please let us know how you get on.

Barry

No downloadable setup for the mcpx and DX6.

But I have found a 'normal' swashplate setting which looks like a 'single servo 90 degree'. At least, the mcpx seems to fly on it. I think there may be a problem in the mcpx electronics though; I sometimes get uncommanded motor speed changes. Might be interference I suppose.

Well done Robert, I knew there was a setting for the swash as loads of guys at our club use the DX6, DX7, DX9 and DX18 with their MCP-x BL and 130x's etc which all use the same basic swash set-up. Motor problem could be a dirty commutator in the motor or the brush arms are worn through causing intermittent contact and a replacement motor is the only option here. Another possibility is that one of the two main motor drive FET transistors (they work in tandem) may be going intermittently open circuit. I have had this happen a few times on well used models where the main motor has eventually failed and shortly after replacing the motor one or both FET's fail.

Hope this helps

Barry