How to achieve progressive glider flaps (on flaperons) with Dx7 (new, black)?

Jonathan M

I have a programming problem.

My (new-style black) DX7 thinks its very clever by offering various 'sailplane' options (in my case 2 ailerons) and a commensurate choice of flight-modes (launch, speed, cruise, thermal, landing). These can employ any combination of chosen switches, including the throttle-stick - albeit this only then works as a three-position switch rather than providing progressive travel.

I want to programme my DLG with pre-set launch, speed, cruise and thermal modes, which make minute changes to flaperons and/or elevator, and I can easily achieve these using a sprung-loaded button for launch, and then a three-position flip-switch for level flight modes.  But I then want to use the throttle stick for progressive landing-flaps (flaperons with elevator compensation).  The problem with the provided 'camber system' is that the throttle stick is only recognised as a simple three-position 'switch' which I don't want.

Does anyone have any idea how I can side-step this and achieve progressive flaperon braking controlled with throttle-stick (on the bottom half of its travel only)?  How do I use programmable mixes to do this - and will the system stop thinking the throttle stick is a three-position switch?!

Edited By Jonathan M on 14/01/2017 19:49:51

Advert