Tony Nijhuis B-17

Having gone to the Cosford show on Sunday, I've bought a show bargain  Which essentially means I am now the happy owner of a B-17 . I have decided to make it brushless (for price reasons)  so will these be big enough? http://www.brchobbies.co.uk/?page=shop&action=additem&item=184 .

How do I wire them up, because I plan on using my Futaba 6 channel, and would like flaps and possibly bomb release. (Does this have any special laws regarding it??)

What batteries will I need, the RCME article says 5S3P (Expensive!)

And... how can I make it interference proof? I really dont want this to glitch!

Advert

How big and how heavy is it Marcus? The original design was expected to be around 6 1/2 pounds so you are looking for at least 600 watts I should think...the ones you linked too are a bit marginal and I would suggest this is mnore like it. motor esc combo

Buying such a large model as a B17 and then worrying about the cost of Lipos ( especially as they are stupidly cheap at the moment ) is a bit contradictory IYSWIM Why are you thinking of 4s lipos - 3s would be fine for this motor combo and I think you will need to go for a battery per motor /esc combo so ...4 in all.

I have just purchased some brand new 25C 2200mahr 3s packs for under £12 each.

How much cheaper do you want - my first 3s packs ( 200mahr and 15C ) were £48 each.

Timbo - forum moderator wrote (see)

I have just purchased some brand new 25C 2200mahr 3s packs for under £12 each.

Really? Where from?  I hope it's not Budget RC, 'cos I've been waiting weeks for mine, despite having repeated  "dispatched" or "picking" emails. (I also bought a 60amp opto ESC from them and it didn't come with any programming info either).

Sorry if I offended you. Football? Rugby and cricket (cricket is as much a sport as golf in my opinion) and now the Tonbridge flying sight is on the A road down to Tonbridge Wells. I'd be surprised if I could get the bus to stop there for me! Anyhow, its a mutual relationship.

no offence taken i love Rugby but the school didn't use to play cricket to thanks for the info on the location of flying site might see if i can look it up next time I'm down i still have 2 brothers and other relations in Tonbridge. Sorry Marcus hope this thread gets back on track .

Martyn