Blade130X V 180CFX

tigerman

Not sure what to do with ref my Helicopter flying.I would have to say I think I am at the intermediate stage .I have a Blade 130X and love it .Then I went on to the 300X and the 450x but could not get on with these .Seemed to cost a fortune on them where has the little 130x cost hardly anything is seems to bounce on crashes and 9 times out of ten you just pick it up and fly it again ,not so the 300x and the 450x.So I have decided to stay with little ones .I am content in just flying these not bothered with the big hellies.I was thinking of getting the Blade 250cfx but then I thought I am going back to the bigger helicopters so I fancy the Blade 180cfx ,so that the one I am going for .Anyone tell we how different the 180cfx is to the 130x

Advert

Massively different.

The 180CFX has a governed ESC and so has a high flat head speed, so its quite a bit more intimidating (esp Sports Hall Indoors). Its also a much more aggressive flight envelope. I love mine but know of three people who bought and will not fly them as they are scared by its full on 3D attitude..

You do know there is a 130S coming with the simplified brushless tail direct drive? If anything, like the 230S, it should be full 3D capable while not costing much in the event that you can't reach the "Panic" button to right it in time. Do NOT be put off by the motor drive tail instead of a belt or shaft in this case.