Nasty bug

Phil Winks

Does any one know what the insect is in this rather poor pic its about 2 1/2 inches long and gave my good lady and I one hell of a fright as it flew into our back garden. it ended up in a water butt I only summonsed the courage to fish it out after it stopped moving

http://forums.modelflying.co.uk/sites/3/images/member_albums/28234/SP_A0432.jpg

Advert

I bet they did mate once got bit by a horse fly that swelled like a melon an my calf. by the way (off thread comment)  if your looking for a seriously fun lightweight electric hack have a go at the westwings toucan with a 12A  1140kv outrunner pulling 80W on a 1300 3s lipo they are like greased you know what and such fun. Maiden-ed mine this after quite cheap too power-train cost £23 (Bty Motor & ESC) from the "Big fish" think the model was about £30 bit of covering two £1.98 servos from "the big fish" again and about £3.00 for a JP 7x4 folding prop Hell tell you that one will live in the car can see it being a real favourite

Get it done mate if its anything like the toucan it'll be ace and on the strenght of it I'm buying the PINTO which i think is the one your refering to also relaunched my fournier by them today man thats a good power glider pretty aerobatic too loops rolls and flat spin I'd love to see their hunter and hawk edf models flying 

Surprisingly good models they are pity they've not got more and a bit bigger. ok there's the 2 edf but some more sport/scale wouldn't go amiss and about time they started recommending a brushless setup for them. I've already offered them the details of what I've done they were good enough to replace the canopy free of charge on the fournier when my heat gun attacked

Hi all.

You know what thay say about the insect world, the hoter it gets the more thay bread and the bigger thay get. We get all sorts in our garden Hornets, Wasps, and the ones from Eurup are bigger than our's, so I think we need the stay more alert this time of year.

buss off Owen