Max Thrust Lightning

David Germany

Just acquired a Max Thrust Lightning EP glider as I wanted something easy to transport, hand launchable for wet field days, uses standard 3S 2200 lipo's and aerobatic.

It stated that you can have this ready in 30 mins, it took me 34 mins at the field (I had a 6 ch Spektrum RX available and a charged lipo. Impressed with the design and quality, particularly considering the price. The only real negative I found was the omission of control throw movements which resulted in my first launch being somewhat scary. Dialed the aileron rates down and increased the rudder throw and now much improved.

Have programmed in small amounts of flapperon and spoileron just as an experiment, but not had a chance to try these out yet. I've also used dual aileron set-up with some switchable pre-set differential rates, again just to experiment.

Interested if anyone else has any views on this model.

Advert

Thanks Tom,

I'm too old to get my head around (pun) rolling circles, can't get both hands and the brain working in harmony for long enough.

Tried stall turns but didn't seem to have enough rudder authority at the top.

I take it you put the thin ply along the actual wing seating on the fuselage top ?

• 2 months later...

I too have one of these and like it a lot. However I have a problem in that the rudder linkage is stuck! Luckily it is in the straight-ahead position so I can still fly. When I remove the servo arm the servo turns fine so it's not that, but I still can't move the servo rod or the rudder. The mechanism is out of reach inside the fuselage and as far as I can see can't be reached without major surgery. Has anybody else experienced this? Any suggestions?