Recipes you love to cook

bouncebounce crunch

Posted by Charles Pic on 22/03/2017 13:07:15:

Thanks Plummet I will save both these recipes and definately try them, although it may take me a while to get around to it. In the pakora recipe the coriander seed is ground, just as the cumin is?

Correct

P

Advert

To make ghee, unsalted butter in a pan over low heat, leave, and it foams a bit as the water boils off, then it goes clear. There are white bits on the bottom of the pan. Pass through a sieve into a jam jar, keeps for weeks out of a fridge, in a fridge lasts forever. For a better flavour, leave on the heat longer, and watch those white bits on the bottom ( I believe they are milk proteins), when they START to brown a bit, the ghee gets a nuttier flavour. Note brown as in light oak, not ebony, and START to brown, not all over brown. No need to stir at any time. About half an hour start to finish.

And if you want to taste heaven but not actually see Gabriel for a reservation, try roast potatoes done in ghee and duck ( or goose) fat