small flight pack charger

Phil 9

Posted by Denis Watkins on 07/04/2017 16:01:01:

From the horses mouth Phil, lighter, longer lasting, low self discharge

The Eneloop Lite 4.8v AA Battery Pack is a perfect pack for gliders, or any model where weight is of upmost importance! Weighing only 80g (compared to the standard 2000 eneloop weight of 110g). These cells are tough, powerful and will last approximately 2000 cycles. They are a perfect substitute for the 1000 NICADS, which are no longer available on the market. Sanyo Eneloop batteries are the best all round solution to a powerful long lasting non self discharging receiver pack.

well I just dug out my rx pack from my acro wot. and guess what I found. It was a ripmax 2000mah 4.8v eneloop battery pack. I need something robust rather than lightweight

Advert

Eneloops are fine in low drain situations, but they have high internal resistance and are not good at providing big currents. I use them in TXs, but not as RX packs unless they are powering a small number of low drain servos. an appropriately sized 2S LiFe is a better bet providing your servos can take the initial voltage.