Fixing pump to fuel bottle

I use one type of fuel for all my fixed wing models and that is supplied from the container held in my flight box via a pump in the flight box power panel.

I use a different type of fuel for my helicopters and carry a separate fuel container, plus an unwieldy separate hand held pump and tubing. I would like to attach the pump to the container to make the whole thing a self contained fueling station. I have a set of fittings to fit to the cap of the container but I'm struggling to work out how to attach the pump to the container in a robust manner, hopefully leaving the handle available for carrying purposes.

Have you done this? If so, how? If not, any bright ideas?

Thanks, David

Advert

The simplest idea I can think of:

Screw (manual) pump to a piece of fuel-proofed 1/2" ply, which is say 2" longer than the pump base.

Cable-tie each end of the ply right around the plastic can, so that the pump is in the vertical plane on the short side.

Tension cable-tie enough to hold pump in place, but not so much as to crush can. Release tension by lifting the little cam inside the cable-tie head with a small screwdriver or blade.

Edited By Jonathan M on 06/05/2017 18:50:10