Who's going to Long Marston?

Advert

Just back from Long Marston and I must say how disappointing it was. If you like aerobatics and jets and models that wizz around the sky then thats all there was, no WW1 or WW2 and no helicopters and I've seen bigger crowds there in the past and a lot more model variety . This is LM 's last show before 1000's of houses are built on the site and it would of been nice for it to go out on a high. Talking to a couple of traders they both seemed to indicate that it had been poorly organised. Roll on Weston Park and the LMA show at Cosford.

I'd echo Marks comments. I've been going to model airshows for 25 years and have been to all LM shows apart from the first one. I can safely say it was the worst show i've ever been to. A very very limited selection of models, mostly that of 3D aerobatics and jets. Past shows have included a very wide range of aircraft, heli's, gliders, WWI, WWII, with many more aircraft and pilots.

I get the feeling the organisers only wanted their jet and 3D flying mates to go along and the organisation, so I gather, was shocking.

Any show organised again by the same people will not be getting my money, or many others, from the various conversations I heard this morning. Such a shame!