Gold connectors

New ESC's have an anti spark device in situ, dont see the need for that extra wiring, my diode is connected to the pos, with a loop made with the end leg back on itself, all you do is connect up neg, touch the pos. connector to the exposed loop and make connection, bingo job done>

Advert

Which ESCs have built in spark protection Derek? I know that Schulze and CC do NOT recommend using any such resistors as they state that this could affect the cell count detection of the ESC and cause faulty LVC settings.

Also, as requested earlier by someone...please expand on your diode method in more detail. 

Been looking around and found the big Jeti Spin ESC has anti spark by connecting a smaller positive lead before the main positive leads. However, this is a really big ESC!!! none of their smaller ones, even the high voltage versions have it by the look of things. Wonder why not??

Also I think there is a Kontronik one with anti spark but I don't know if its just for helicopters or how the anti spark works, not been able to find out too much about it so far.

Any ideas who might be a good source to find out if this safety feature is planned on other ESC or by other manufacturers? I would really like one in the 85 amp and up to 10s range, similar to the hyperion HV opto models, not too bulky and handles the levels I want.

Still like to know about the diode though.