Seagull 2200

i have turned to electric gliders but know nothing about what i need,,my new seagull 2200 has a built in motor 550/600 type,the instructions say i need a 6cell/1,500 to 1,700 mah or 7 cell 1,000 to 1,500 mah and a auto cut off or speed controler,the thing is there are that many types of batterys and speed controlers can enyone recomend what i use ,or would it be best to to swap to brushless motor,but i still dont know what i need if i turn to brushless,,please help,,barry

Advert

Hi Barry and welcome to the forum

Please remember to fill in a little about yourself on the profile page - that way you will be sure to get more response to your questions! Don’t miss the several threads dedicated to Newbies such as yourself, in the beginners section, together with the few guidelines we have listed to help you with using the forum.

Perhaps this in particular may help

And this.

Once again, welcome on board and have fun! Timbo.

PS I suggest going brushless from the start, as brushed motors and ESCs are relativley expensive and difficult to find in these modern times. Try somewhere like BRC or flying wings .co etc for the suitable setup, there are LOADS to choose from and inexpensive too.However IF the model already has motor included, and is designed around it, the a 7 cell NiMH pack should do you fine. Remember also you will need a radio set and charger etc.

• 6 years later...

Hello there,

I am currently repairing a Seagull 2200 that was given to me by an old family friend. I fly both IC & electric, however the previous owner does not have any set up info or drawings of wing section chord on the 2200. It would be most helpful if anyone has details of C of G etc or even a plan I could copy or buy.

Any help will be most welcome as I do really want to bring her back to her former glory!

Regards Formtex1947