Re-fueling

Hi , I have been out of the Hobby for good few years now , but this great british summer ( not ) and visits to several airshows has got my interest up again ..

I have spend last month checking and replacing faulty parts , like radio grear batterys etc , plus replenishing any accessories that had long been lost . thrown out , or eaten by space dust ..

One said item is a Fuel Filler bottle , this was amongst a fair list when I visited my ( not so ) local model shop , and did not pay it much attention other than bag all my goodys up and head off home ..

On unpacking I noticed that the filler bottle has an Alloy neck that is constant in dia , of aprox 6mm , which is far larger than my fuel line ..

Not wanting to appear totally stupid , but has things changed in the last decade ,  or am I in need of an additional item ???

I was wondering if anyone could tell me how I fill thin fuel line with this thick filler bottle ???

I eagerly await your help and assistance ....

Advert

Hmmmm Sounds like you've been sold the wrong thing Trevor.

This sounds distinctly like the filler for an R/C car.

For R/C planes you do indeed need something narrower as they still (even today) use narrow bore silicone tubing.

ah yes - Ripmax describe their Car-fuel bottle thus:

Designed for fast re-fuelling of cars by having a tough, big-bore, aluminium spout that will not get squeezed closed if the fuel tank cap slams shut by mistake

Take it back, and exchange for something that'll fit. The bottles with valve spouts are very useful, although having said that I've yet to use the one I bought. A plentiful supply of bottles the right size with usually small bore spouts is often to be had from vain contact lens wearers with grey hair

Yep - Hair dye bottles, and contact lens solution bottles are just the right size

AlistairT

Thanks Alistair ,

Now you mention it there was a lot of R/C car stuff around , but  I did make it clear it was for a device hopefully capable of flight .....

Great idea about the multi-tasking of certain containers ..I will keep a look out for such a bottle , thinking back I did use a non standard bottle before , but cannot remeber what it was , not so much grey hair , but [lenty grey brain matter being lost ..

Thanks for solving the mystery .....