Super Thin Turbulator Stripes for Sailplanes

Hello,

These are the three final versions of my CNC produced thin turbulator stripes… some changes have been made regarding the stripe total length available in each particular set… to better suit the requirements of different size ships.

The material has a “soft” adhesive system and so can be easily and safely repositioned within the first weeks to find the best percentage/chord position for your particular model… all are 0.10 mm thickness but the width and angle varies for each version.

Their total transparency matches every color scheme… in the photos attached a portion of the sheet is painted silver to aid visualization… they can also be bent quite easily to negotiate curved leading edges and wing tips.

In the flight department a pilot can expect enhanced low speed performance… better climb rate combined with predictable/stable turning abilities… a key factor however is experimentation to find the best chord position as each wing surface/airfoil combo has a different BL flow behavior… a two page instruction manual is provided with each set to aid the pilot for this procedure… it also covers practical application tips.

Quite a number of interesting threads can be followed in internet for those who are not entirely familiar about turbulator usage.

You can see the Turbulator Versions below:

Versions

Suitable Wing Size

Stripe Length

Price

Maxi Turbulators

3 to 4m

9 x 0.9m = 8,1m

35 Euros

Midi Turbulators

1,5 to 3m

7 x 0.9m = 6,3m

30 Euros

Micro Turbulators

0,8 to 1,5m

5 x 0.9m = 4,5m

25 Euros

Wingspans are only given as a guideline and experimentation is essential to find the best results.

I send all my packages Registered in the buyer’s name with Tracking Number and link provided to follow its progress… shipping included in price.

I accept PayPal and i can ship the item in 2 working days, notifying about shipping details.

You can contact me at [email protected]

Regards,

Tasos.

dsc_0001 (2).jpg dsc_0024 (2).jpg

dsc_0032 (2).jpg dsc_0040 (3).jpg

dsc_0043 (3).jpg

Advert

Hello everyone,

Sorry for not introduced my self…

My name is Kazaklis Tasos from Greece...

Hopefully by the end of the year i will manufacture micro r/c sailplanes and performance accessories.

For the time being, I work hard in finishing my workshop and improving some delicate machinery and tooling.

My 40 year experience (last six strictly competitive) in designing/improving/flying rc sailplanes led me to research various performance enhancing products

(turbulators, higher degree joiners, tailskids)

…my aim at the time being is to share them with other pilots who seek enhancing their model … the price is just to cover cost/labor/transport etc.

Regards,

Tasos.

Hi Kazaklisglider, and welcome to the forum, could you show your turbulators in use maybe attached to the wing so I can see them in application.

I wish you every success with your new venture.

Also the 'version/s panel' with the different sizes etc didn't totally appear on the forum page, could you redo it.

Tasos / Kazaklisglider - seen down on the RC groups thread, is this one of your wing tips with the turbulator attached ?

**LINK**

Edited By Mark Kettle 1 on 29/09/2017 09:32:00

Hello Mark,

As you can see I have a quite long thread running in RCG relating to my thin turbulators and yes some photos are attached showing them as applied in an F5J competition ship… these are exactly the same as the Maxi version but being cut from a colored material to aid visibility in the photos… production stripes are highly transparent and difficult to present clearly.

Thank you for your welcome… this complements my already fond memories from visiting England back in 1998 as I participated in the 1st F3J W/C at Upton upon Severn… as a senior pilot for the Greek National team… had also an opportunity to enjoy a nice slope soaring session with Gordon Rae at your famous Malvern Hills.

You can see the Turbulator Versions below:

Versions

Suitable Wing Size

Stripe Length

Price

Maxi Turbulators

3 to 4m

9 x 0.9m = 8,1m

35 Euros

Midi Turbulators

1,5 to 3m

7 x 0.9m = 6,3m