MVVS 90 PORTS

TartanMac

I am not an expert on MVVS history, but I have seen the museum at the factory, and I know that, with notable exceptions, most parts are common throughout the recent glow engine history - 30 years or more.

Bob's is most certainly an MVVS.

The needle valve on TartanMac's is not MVVS. I have never seen the dull grey crankcase of TartanMac's on any MVVS, and, so far as I am aware, the current MVVS logo has been used on all glow and diesels pretty much for ever. I wonder about the "M" logo on TartanMac's - could that be Modella?

Advert

I agree John it is a Modela, I have a 61 Modela with the square head with a brown anodising, might have been black once but most definitely brown now, I also have an early MVVS 61 which has a round head along with another 61 and 77 both MVVS and square heads and natural ali.

I know Modela did make the smaller engines, 1.5, 2.0 & 2.5cc for MVVS as I have a few, the only thing I did notice is the Modela 61 and the virtually identical MVVS 61 square head, the crankcase castings are what appears slightly thinner where the end of the crank/ counter balance runs, mine had a repair there by way of a screwed on ali patch on the outside between the mounts and looking inside there is a fine fracture, on the MVVS it is more substantial in the casting so I wonder if this was a weak spot and possibly a start of a hairline fracture on TM’s engine? It is along the machined part of the internal case on the edge of the channel the counter balance runs in for clearance.

Just a thought.

Edited By Nigel Dell on 15/01/2018 23:38:14