help identifying an old plane

img_20180313_112725.jpgimg_20180313_112713.jpg

Hi anyone recognise this ? been asked to get it flying again for a friend , looks built from plan or kit , 3 channel large one piece wing with lots of dihedral 55 inch long OS46 engine and date wise it is fitted with a Futaba M series RX . looking for info on CofG and control throws

any help greatly appreciated

thanks

John

Looks like a Radio Queen.

With gentle flying old timers like that, any reasonable control throws will be OK for flying. You'll more rudder control than elevator. Likewise, the CG will be very non-critical, but it's shown on the plan, here:

https://outerzone.co.uk/plan_details.asp?ID=5471

Edited By brokenenglish on 13/03/2018 13:57:18

You'll find it a nice gentle flier John. I had one fitted with an OS 52 fourstroke but I've seen them fly adequately on an Enya 40 fourstroke. That may sound a little small and weak but the original was the first model aeroplane to cross the English Channel and it was powered by a 3.5cc ED diesel engine and it carried much heavier batteries than we use today. Your OS will have no problem flying it. Wish I'd never sold mine now. I used to use it to teach nervous elderly beginners how to fly.

radio queen and T240, Forton, 2007..jpg

I now use this electrified Junior 60 for the same purpose.

j60 electrified (3).jpg

Thanks David , your help is much appreciated, it does belong to an elderly gentleman who bought it second hand over a decade ago but never learned to fly, I am replacing the old rx and servos with a 2.4 ghz system and am sorting the rather rusty control snakes out and will hopefully have it in the air for him to try in a week or two

Cheers

John