Covering Wot4 Classic wing

I'm (slowly) building a Wot 4 classic (straight wing) and was considering how to cover the wing / fuselage. 

The instructions mention possibly glassing the wing - my question is how is this achieved over the wingtips of a wing with ribbed tip? i.e. not flat or solid tip, if you take my meaning. 

or do the instructions suggest glassing with reference only to the Mark III version which may have different wing tip design to the classic? 

Advert

I glassed the wing on my wot4, I wondered the same as you, in the end I decided to laminate several thicknesses if 1/4 balsa and carve two wing tips. I gave mine a very rounded and streamline profile, I then drilled into the mating face to reduce weight. Not sure the drilling was really  needed as they were quite light anyway.  I then epoxied the tips to the wing, sanded to profile and went ahead and glassed it all. It worked really well. Having said that I would note Timbo's comment above, Im not sure that there is much to be gained by glassing. I intended to make a high quality painted wing that was bullet proof!! I ended up with the fuel attacking the painted finish and so after some time sanded down the paint and covered in profilm. Good quality shed time though!!

Good luck with the build, its a great plane, Im thinking of getting another, they sound great with a four stroke! (anything sounds great with a four stroke!!) Or go electric???