Top Gun Hawk Missing Canopy

Cliff 1959

I've just acquired a brand new un-started kit of the BAE Hawk by Top-Gun RC.
It's beautifully moulded and uses a 70mm fan and 2842MB-1 3200kv brushless outrunner powering a 5-blade fan.
Should I try and improve things a bit with a bigger fan or go with the supplied unit?
Annoyingly the cockpit canopy is missing if anyone has oneI could buy?, whilst spares are available from CML the canopy isn't listed.

Advert

Hi Cliff,

Is it the discontinued fibreglass topgun hawk? - like this?

I built a one a few year back in blue and silver trim (and still have an unstarted red arrows one). Like you say beautiful composite fuz. However, I took mine to the field and the originally supplied canopy melted and de-formed from sunlight when put back in the car angry 2 .

I dont think thet are available as spares anymore surprise.  However, all is not lost for you, Matt Jones on this forum was also putting one together and had either a missing or damaged canopy and made a beautuiful plug that Sarik Vacform pulled a new and super quality one from. The lad at Sarik (Barry Atkinson) said he would keep the plug so hopefully if you give him a ring he can sort one out for you click here for Sarik

You will still need the plastic base if still in the kit (or make a new tray).

regarding the fan unit they can be swapped out easily enough if you wish to upgrade. I would just go for the supplied stock item and see what you think first.

Have you got the optional matching supplied retracts? They were a nicely engineered item as well!

Craig

Edited By Craig Carr on 15/04/2018 15:38:57

Hi Craig,

Yes, it's the one in your link.

I'll contact Sarik and see what they (Barry) says. I don't have the base either so I'll make a tray as you suggest, did the original have moulded pilots and instruments panel? Just wondering.

Mine comes with the fixed undercart which I may leave off as we land on grass.

Reading the page on Servoshop (your link) it says the kit came with an instructional cd of nearly 80 pages, it would be good to have something to follow, do you have one, or a copy, by any chance? wink