Irvine Tutor 40 Wing Bolts

Hi,  I have recently built an Irvine Tutor 40 for my son to learn to fly,  I have never been a fan of elastic bands and want to fit wing bolts in the place of the bands,  I know the bands are probably the better option but bolts finish the model of better.  My only worry is will they cope with the job?  Has anyone else done the same?  I have fitted two dowls to the front of the wing and two nylon bolts for the rear.   My only concern is will the wings cope as they are only glued together with and wing jointing strutt.  Will this be strong enough without the wings being strengthed with tape and resin?

Nick, if you have assembled the wing following the instructions it should be strong enough. The reason for suggesting bands is that in the case of a heavy arrival, the bands should pop off minimising damage to the wings and fuselage. (Depending on the angle and severity of the crash!) Often a bolted on wing will be a too strong fixture and tear out the fixing plate(s) in the fus. and cause more damage to the wing.