WL Toys v911S micro helicopter unboxed, plus a few tweaks!

Bonzo Moon

Unboxing the v911s. Budget price heli, around £30 including transmitter on my link. It was a bit twitchy (as another reviewer described it) but after a few tweaks I can fly this indoors now. Tweaks are on the 2nd video. A bit nerve wracking to do as you could damage the chopper if heavy handed! So do them carefully at your own risk!

Banggood link with more details.

Edited By Pete B - Moderator on 11/09/2018 18:15:54

Advert

Welcome to Proper Helis - You'll certainly have a lot of fun with this one as they are tough little machines and will take a lot of punishment.

As for trimming, yes you can use the methods you have used to tame the bird down a little but you should also have High and low rates on that transmitter for the same purpose. I have the slightly bigger version the V912 which has the same and I've converted mine to flybarless.

Ps - You could have saved yourself some headache when you moved the servo linkages by simply popping the ball link off at the swash plate and then moving the linkage to the next hole instead of messing with the servo screws. Might be worth investing in a set of ball link pliers for this job. It makes life a lot easier and they are not expensive.

I have mine as a little fun machine as I normally fly much larger scale Helis. It has been with me for 5 yrs now and is still going strong.

Happy flying

Mark.

Edited By Mark Stevens 1 on 12/09/2018 02:55:08

Thanks Mark. Yes, it seems a great little heli for the money.

Re the advice, unfortunately you couldn't get the right angle on the servo lever to just unhook it and put on the other hole! I'd have done it had it been possible.

And as far as rates goes, the manual is next to useless, top right is gyro debugging, top left has no effect at all on rates as far as I can tell. Normally changing rates on a model has an obvious effect on how lively it is?

It's controllable now and I can fly it indoors without crashing! It was very very twitchy before. Certainly appears to be durable , I pranged a few times early flights, but always make sure I kill the throttle if I see it coming. That's the secret. I have some little choppers (the easy fly type) that have survived a few years at my hands now!

It's trimmed well now, climbs vertically when you open the throttle but there is still quite a large null zone and once in the air it needs tweaking to keep it from drifiting some direction. And it's not that it always drifts in the same direction or I'd have trimmed it out more. Maybe the gyro isn't that precise, or the engineering.  wink   But for £30, with tx included,  you don't expect precision engineering!

Edited By Bonzo Moon on 15/09/2018 14:39:29

Edited By Bonzo Moon on 15/09/2018 14:40:22

• 4 months later...

The WLToys 911s is down to £24 now at Banggood and that includes a TX. It's lively but if you make the mods I show on my YouTube video above it's not so hard to fly. I'm new to 'proper' helis and haven't broken mine yet! Banggood link **LINK** my unboxing is on the link. And the chopper mods are on my channel. A lot of fun for £24