Hourus X12s users ?

flight1

Hi I have recently acquired a a x12s9 (eyeing it from when it first came out) and going through it it all looks impressive and I am pleased and a big upstep from my original tranis x9d especially with the screen being in the right place.

As it now has the latest open tx 2.2 on it so its been quite simple to transfer models over with only a few hick ups like some switches reversed and some sounds having to be reset.

has any one else got one and would like to share info on here do's/don'ts' how to etc.

I am going to install a stick switch on it like I did with my x9d hal sensor gimbals, any one done that and got tips /links about that? would be most great full.

have ordered a tray too as cant be bothered to make one this timesmiley

Advert

I have two.smiley

wp_20170117_18_06_56_pro[1].jpg

If you have not already take a look at the thread over at RCGroups.

https://www.rcgroups.com/forums/showthread.php?2727927-FrSky-Horus-X12S-A-new-beginning

Currently runs to 1033 pages with 15485 posts.

Lots of good information but you do need to be aware of the scare mongers. A few early production models had poor solder joints on the RF board. Since sorted.

I have also had an issue with the rudder gimble wires cracking.

A short video to show what I mean. Wire replaced with silicone versions.

I really like mine.

Kev

Edited By Kevin Fairgrieve on 17/10/2018 20:12:09

Simple really.

I was part of the BETA testing team for FrSky.

At the end of the process I was able to upgrade my BETA unit to full production specs and purchase a full production unit at reduced cost. Still have all the old BETA parts.

I was going to sell one on and make a profit. That did not work out as planned and so I kept both. For a while I ran one on OpenTX and the other on FrOs. Both now on OpenTX

I now use one for I.C. and the other for electric.

And I still have an X9D, the early one without the colour screen etc. and a Spektrum DX7 converted to FrSky.

Could say I am a FrSky fan.

dscf0382.jpg

Kev