Biiiig plans...

Terence Lynock

Recently bought three sets of plans from someone on eBay 'Jimmy's Drop-Shop' was the seller, three sets of plans for a Fw 190 A-5, a Messershmitt 264 Heavy Bomber and a Ju88A.

At the advertised start price of £3.99 I though they would just be your avarage set of plans that would fill holes in my collection of German warbirds but boy was I wrong! the 190 A-5 plans are 1/4 scale with a span of 9 foot + and four big sheets.

The Ju88A plans are three big sheets and very well detailed with working u.c and 7 foot two wingspan etc but the real kookie in the bundle was the Messerschmitt me 264 plans!  1/12th scale four engined bomber there were only two built and the plans are for a model with a eleven foot nine inch wingspan.

The 264 has a nose like a B29 and the wing of a B24 Lib, fuse is straight forward tubular construction but man is it big! .

All I need is four chainsaw engines and half a forest of Balsa trees and I am in business, sometimes you can pick up some real bargains on eBay I know but for twelve quid for the three sets I think I got my best deal yet,

regards,         Terry

Advert