DSM1 and DSM2 Question

Bert

I have a Spektrum DSX6 which I bought from Als when they were doing that amazing £50 offer.

I know that the DX6 uses the DSM1 sytem and that the transmitter will only work with the AR6000 receivers. What I would like to know is whether the later transmitters with the DSM2 technology will work with the AR6000.

I'm a newbie on here so I apologise if this question has already been answered.

Bert

Advert

Yes. its the opposite that wont work EG: you cant use the DX6 with a dsm2 receiver- so effectively the only receiver that will work with the DX6 is the AR6000. ALL the receivers will work with DX6i and Dx7 etc. I use an AR6000 rcvr in a slope soarer controlled by DX7 Tx and it is a great little receiver actually. As for great offers, I got a brand new DX6i ( full range of course unlike the DX6 ) for just 40 pounds at the NATS

Thanks for that info. I bought the DX6 for my parkflyers to give that bit of extra safety, I've never had a problem with my 35 meg stuff in the park, but at £50 it was worth a punt.

I have too much money invested in my Multiplex radio gear to change over my bigger planes at the moment, but if I saw a DX6i at that sort of price I'd probably go for it for the better range. (Now I know it will work)  

Maybe I'll see something at the Hop Farm at the end of the month