FUTABA S_BUS help needed

FlyinBrian

I have a Futaba T14SG Tx with a R7008 receiever, I want to use SBUS for channels 8,9 and 10

I have an SBD-1 SBUS decoder and SBC-1 SBus channel changer which should allow non SBUS servos to work with the SBUS decoder

Following the instruction with the SBD-1 and SBC-1 I have set the SBD outputs (SX1 SX2 AND SX3 to chs 8, 9 and 10 respectively
I have set the tx to output rudder on ch8 and 9 and elevator on ch10.

However none of the outputs from the SBD-1 work

Now I am relatively new to modern Futaba equipment and it is probably me missing some vital step
Does anyone know where I am going wrong please?

Advert

Have you put the receiver into mode B (the instructions for this come with the receiver)? Mode B makes channel 8 the SBUS port and leaves channels 1-7 as normal. The R7008 receivers that I have bought were initially in Mode A which is 8 normal channels.

I can't remember whether the SBUS2 port (underneath the servo output pins) works with the decoders, I'll check later unless anyone else can confirm it in the meantime.

You're not the only, my poor little receiver got an hour or so of verbal until I realised!

I tried the SBUS2 port and the decoder seems to work fine in that as well, I use the FrSky decoders but I can't see why the Futaba one would be different. I'm not sure whether using the SBUS2 port for SBUS devices is good practise so I only use the SBUS2 port for telemetry devices.