Freewing Super Scorpion Dorsal Air Brake Mod

nicholas reider

Hello everyone,

As you can tell I am in the process of fitting a dorsal air brake to my scorpion. As with any custom mod I am running into an issue, which is basically my fault because I decided to upgrade from a 6ch radio to a 7ch instead of just getting a 8ch. I currently do not have any open channels on my radio, however I do have an open AUX port on my receiver (this is a Spektrum receiver and radio) which I have been unable to mix. I have a few ideas on how to avoid buying a new radio and spending a bunch of money. One idea I have mocked up is using a separate servo tied into the flap system with a crank/turnbuckle that turns the last little bit of stroke from the servo into a big movement and actuates the air brake. I also had an idea for tying in a landing gear door sequencer into the flap port so that once the flaps are down it will activate the air brake servo. hopefully you all can give some advice on how to make one of these options work. I attached a few pictures of the bird, I repainted it to get rid of the ugly red and white ( no offense if you have one in that scheme I just think its bland). I also have The A3L gyro installed. 83330be3-d264-4bed-a9af-930ba0e186ec.jpeg6916801b-6565-478a-9e47-1dea47148385.jpeg689be564-eb3a-44ca-a609-16b4069c9988.jpeg

Advert