E-flite Cherokee 1.3 BNF

Tim Hickey

Hi,

Does anyone out there have an E-flite Cherokee?

In the manual it gives set up info for initial dual rates etc. along with surface deflections for each rate. All seem ok apart from the elevator which states 10mm at HR & 7mm at LR.

It is an all moving tailplane. Do I measure the deflection at the LE or TE of the tailplane? The manual does not say.

Given the rates specified the deflections look ok when measured at the LE but are much more at the TE. The elevator is known to be highly effective on this model so really don't want to over cook it.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Tim

Hi Percy,

Thanks for the info.

I have set the elev deflections to 10mm HR & 7mm LR measured at the trailing edge.

First time for me using AMT so wasn't sure where to measure & no mention in the destructions.

They recommend to use LR for initial flights and increase if needed.

Weather permitting hope to get maiden in the next couple of weekends.

Thanks again.

Tim

Tim set the deflections at the the trailing edge as given in book. I set mine at book settings and it is a pussy cat to fly no problems at all a good low wing trainer but loops, rolls, spins etc and on low flap takes off quickly on full flap you could almost pick it out off the sky in a 5mph wind when landing. The hatch aerial is rubbish I changed mine to a piece of wire acting as the aerial. I've also improved the the front leg, there are suggestions on RCGroups site. I fly from a rough field and have had about 50-60 flights so far with no problems. Hope this helps, Brian

Hi Brian,

Thanks, that's good to know. Looking forward to getting in some flying time with this one.

Also set mine as per book.

A couple of other things I have read on RCgroups...

reports of the plastic gear servos stripping on the rudder/wheel servo. Have you had any problems with the servos? Thinking about changing to some Hitec MG servos I have going spare.

with the BNF AS3x receiver, there is limited movement on the rudder channel, not getting recommended thows. the thoughts are that this is how the receiver has been programmed so not sure how to change this as I don't have a programming lead. Have you had this problem?

Cheers

Tim