Frog Jackdaw resurrection.

That dowel position is definitely lower than on the plans I have seen and also on all of the illustrations that I have seen. Very odd to see that. As far as the swing is concerned, mine has swerved in both directions, but the dominant side does seem to be the right! However I think I am getting on top of that one now. (Famous last words)? All part of its quirky attraction though, definitely has far more character than a Super 60! (Says he, ducking sharply and heading for the exit).

Horses for courses, as far as the Super 60 is concerned. The Super 60 makes an excellent basic trainer, with up to rudder, elevator and throttle, but I've never understood the need to modify it for ailerons! You have to do so many mods that you might as well just have built a Jackdaw, which is a much better advanced trainer!

Re: the wing dowel. You are right! Its a couple of years since I built it, and I'd forgotten that I made the entire top of the fuel tank bay detachable - including the dummy windscreen, which meant the dowel had to go lower down!

Its a mod that makes it nice and easy to access the tank bay area, though.

--

Pete