Help needed. Can I use this?

Steve McIntosh

Hi all,

I started back again a couple of years ago and decided to go all electric from the start. My initial ARTF's were all in jobs. Pre fitted motor and servo's. Last year I won a Seagull Challenger Sportster(Thank you very much RCME!!) but put it away as I was nowhere near competent enough to fly it. Hoping that I now am I've got it out to put together but am still very much confused by motor selection. The instructions state a 35mm 830 rev per volt and 4s 3200mA. I did see a thread on here a while ago, that I thought I had saved, about what the motor numbers mean and choosing a motor but can't find it.

I have a spare Turnigy 35mm 1250kV. can I use that or is it way over powered. Can I fly that on 3s, as all my batteries are 3s. IC engines seemed much easier to understand.

Any help or point me where to look much appreciated

Advert

Steve, easy answer, stick with the instructions. Your motor is not a good replacement. To do the same power, is going to consume a lot more amps on 3 s batteries, which will need a bigger speed controller, and better ( i.e. Higher c rating) batteries. Which is why the 4 s battery is used in the first place.

Electric aircraft in a fleet are like a glow motor fleet, you pick aircraft to suit your motors, or buy a new motor.