foam airliner shop bargain project

thunderstreak.keith

Found this in pound stretcher reduced £2.99 to £50p . mega distance foam glider, (so it says) fuzzy 2 wings and tail. 55cm span and auw of 38gm. put it together shoulder launch and believe it not the glide was brilliant until the speed dropped off and it tip stalled. I intend to get this going firstly with a bungee then possibly a rapier or my old jetex unit. also got a nice co2. lots of work to do with the moulding, l/e and t/e wings are a lovely square edge but they do have a camber. I was suprised how well it flew "as is "out of plastic bag. for 50p whats to lose? Its all too easy these days to use modern radio to get an unstable plane to fly,but how many newbies out there know how to trim one to fly as they want to correctly without help from technology? myu aim of this thread is to try and get this to fly as i want it to and keep you informed of my progress. 50p madness

keith

Advert

hi nigel, not sure yet. at the moment i am sorting the wings out lots of work to put them right!! changed the tail for balsa.original was 1mm foam and is already on its way out. I have got an old electra sport powered glider which the wife bought me years ago, never did fly it was rubbish. could canibalise that i suppose. wondering if i could use the receiver board and servos from it, it also came with a 3 channel tx. will keep you updated but i am very optimistic about this project. sadly work comes first (so i am told)

keith