9XD+

Bill Reed

Retuning back to the hobby and want to get away from Spektrum. Have a DX7 and was getting fed up with satellite`s not pairing.

I fancy going the open TX route, The radio which seems to met my needs is the 9XD/PLUS. This seems fairly old now and would hate to buy only to find a new model coming out.

I know its not frysky but I would take a chance on the Jumper t16 ,if I could find in stock. This is new BUT might be too new, I have read about issues,if true.

So is the 9XD+ worth buying? also with the multiple RX brands available, is there a preferred?

Advert

Nothing wrong with x9D+ on open tx. Stick with frsky receivers. Many new models have already come out depends how much you want to spend, opentx has the same functionality whatever the model of transmitter. Personally I would leave the Jumper alone as it uses an offshoot of opentx so not the same level of support.

The QX7 is about the same size as the X9D+.

There is also the X9Lite, which looks very like the X9D+, but is about 0.5 inches narrower. Only £66 from T9, although you will need a couple of 18650 batteries for it. It does have only one POT and 5 switches compared to the X9D+ 2 POTs, 2 sliders and 8 switches.

For firmware you also have the choice between erskyTx and openTx.

Mike