Spirit 100 Sailplane ARTF

Hi all.

After going flying with some friends for the first time ever and really enjoying it I have come to the decision that im going to get my very own rc glider. i used to have i.c rc cars but got rid of them after plowing them into walls. at competitions and not having the money to keep fixing them.

But anyway times are much better now and i need another hobby to keep me Sian. The glider that i was thinking about getting is the Spirit 100 Sailplane ARTF When im flying my friend will be with me working as a trainer so if anything where to go wrong he could just pick his transmitter up and take over.

So what do you think of this glider is it worth the money and will it be fun to fly?

And for the transmitter will the JR X2610 Tx & Nicad be ok?

thank you all for your help 

Advert

I have a Spirit 100 and frankly I was disappointed. For a model that costs about £150 it was very poor. The actual airframe is OK but the covering was terrible - all wrinkled and the trim applied was all off centre. The flaps and ailerons were hinged with a poor imitation of sellotape and the control surfaces were all over the place. The film didn't appear to have any shrink left in it as when I applied the heat gun to tighten it up, it just got worse. I know the heat gun is OK because I've covered two models since. I might dig it out of the loft and get it finished one day - maybe.

Andy.

• 2 months later...
I agree with andy butler- my spirit elite was my "return to r/c sailplanes" after many years off and I found the finish poor and the flight  "spirited" to say the least. don't expect to let this one just float around the sky- it has to be flown all the time. c of g needs to be well forward of their plan and use very light snakes to tail surfaces or there will have to be a ton of lead in the nose. not a gentle summer afternoon float round the sky model.

If you don't mind a fairly simple build, the old Balsa Cabin Sonata is hard to beat. It will float around in still air and you can stick half a pound of lead over the C of G and fly it in a brisk breeze too. Find even a weak thermal and up it goes, until it's just a dot in the sky. I've had 40+ minute flights even with the extra weight. I have a plan if you're interested.

Andy.