Connecting to flight controller boards

I guess this is really for the quad section, but it appears not to have had any contributions since last year, so I thought I'd try this section! Essentially I got into quads around 3-4 years ago, when the Naze 32 was the thing to have. Interests changed, & I lost interest, now my son wants to have a go at quads, so we dug the old kit out. When I came to connect the flight controllers to the PC, I can't connect anything (3 Naze 32s, an SPF3, & a Pixhawk). I cannot connect, I've tried 3 different PCs (all very recent build Win 10, a Win 10 laptop, & a Win 7 laptop. a Multitude of different leads, Cleanflight & Betaflight. All with the same result. I've also tried the Zadig 'fix'. I did get the SPF3 to re-flash on the Win7 laptop, but that won't verify.

What am I doing wrong? I didn't have this problem first time around! Alternatively, does anyone want to buy a bunch of flight controllers!

Advert

Zadig is quite old. The Impulserc fixer works better in my experience. Usually you just need a better lead- about 75 per cent will not work,. I find genuine Samsung micro USB cables cost effective. The spf3 should be able to handle bf4.0 though personally I am not convinced yet about 4.0. I've had a few quads with scorching hot motors so tend to use 3.6 mostly instead.