Too much power?

Hi - Need some advice please -

I just ordered a new brushless setup for my Kyosho Stratus 2000s. this one

- its meant I think for the the multiplex easyglider. Do you think I've gone for too much power? The Stratis is a bit heavier.

Am I going to get into problems?! I guess I'll need some ballast to keep the c of g in place. Anyone had any experience of this in the stratus?

Cheers

Rich

Advert

• 3 weeks later...

Well - I finally got the set up installed working and in the air this weekend.

- so I now know the new set up gives me a better than 1:1 power/weight ratio.

I had several frightening initial flights but I now realise this was due to too much power for me to handle on takeoff. The glider tended to go vertical and roll ( maybe a bit of  torque effect?) causing me to over react and get in a muddle. It looked like it was stalling. Later launches on about 60% power were much more controlled. I think the near vertical climb was keeping airspeed low and hence reduce control?

I discovered later that aftr takeoff, setting a moderate 40% ish throttle then trimming elevator to suit , gave me a nice easy peasy flight. I guess this is what you experienced electric glider pilots do all the time?

I'll keep all that extra power in reserve for when I can handle it I think. I think 100% power might need some stick forward to keep the aircraft under full control.

anyhow thanks to all on the forum for advice . I think I have finally cracked it!!!