Phoenix version 2.00

260 Flyer

Advert

I've had a quick play with it this morning.

The slope soaring is very good albeit with only 3 models and 2 sites. You just need to put a high power fan on top of your monitor and you could almost be there! The 3 gliders mentioned above are all skinny wing types and are hard to get down onto the small landing areas intact. Can we have a Phase6 or similar please?

A few more power models to play with other than that it seems just like the version 1. I found a few bugs whilst working my way through the power models, the worst being the Spitfire has got a permanent full up elevator as a default!

Its very very good this new version - much better than the 1. versions.

The planes behave as you would expect, they have taken out the flick rolling when pulling in full elevator in power dives and they have made the responses more life like too.

The models "float on" quite a bit more which is better than the first version but i think this needs to be turned down a bit.

All in all a great package and whats more its a free upgrade too!

If you havent bought a copy, it is probably time you did, its only £80 and you can fly day or night with people from all over the world!.

Phoenix rocks!

Looks as if they have idle up installed on the helis could not find this in the previous versions. Seems to be good so far. One day they will get it to suck  the set up from your transmitter and you will have your model (if it's listed) on the sim. Still waiting for that day.

Any one using the  internet/LAN multiplayer capability ? maybe we could organise a flyin what do you think ? 

all you need to do is post a day and time and see who turns up ?
Tuesday 7-Oct  at 19:00 lets see if any one turns up I'll be there join me

I got PhoenixRC this very morning. Graphics and flight characteristics are amazingly realistic; I'm very impressed. Slope is what I'm really interested in but I've been enjoying playing with the helis and power models mostly!

I'm not sure yet how helis should be set up on the Tx as I can't get the bluddy thing off the ground I think it's something to do with me flying Mode 1.  (I have throttle on the right stick and I think perhaps another control belongs there?) Anyway I'll get there sooner or later

Thanks Ralph. All sorted now

I checked the controls out and found a 'servo' reversed. Also neutralised a couple of trims ('hov pit' and hov thro') although they don't appear to make any difference to anything.

Love this sim.. I haven't been out of the house since I got it yesterday

• 4 weeks later...

Glad you like the tweaks!!! 

(I had an email discussion with the team at phoenix about this and they asked me to give them the correct control surface movements for all the scale models - which I did and I am glad to say they included my tweaks  in the version P update!!)

i'm quite chuffed really...