Bleriot X1

Martian

After a long old slog building the Fury (1 year cripes) I figured I would do something simple like a Tony Ray's Models Bleriot X1 available from Steve Webb models at 420mm wingspan 1/16th balsa and basswood .You need surgeons hands and the patience of Job it only took two weeks and I'd liken it to knitting with a spider web I have to say it builds into a lovely little thing complete with working bungee undercarriage it is very nicely laser cut and is for display or radio control weighing in about 35grams just handling it after construction is fraught with fear the lightest touch will break a bit usually soon mended . I was going to fit rc gear but having no where big enough to fly it indoors fear it would only have one flight. it is supplied with motor and gearbox plus prop and carbon rods infact everything apart from electronics. Tissue is suspect it didn't seem to shrink well anyway some pics

dscf8273.jpg

dscf8272.jpg

dscf8271.jpg

dscf8270.jpg

dscf8269.jpg

dscf8268.jpg

Advert